Why Wait to Talk About Weight “is thoroughly entertaining and thought provoking”, designed to help people be more prepared and confident to raise the issue of weight with children, young people or adults.
The course is an independently accredited CPD course by the Association for Nutrition.
Suitable for a varied workforce including nurses, midwives, health visitors, education and social work staff, delivered as a dynamic face to face briefing or popular online course. It will create a buzz and interest to tackle growing levels of obesity. To date it’s been successfully delivered to hundreds of people across England.
To help you feel more confident, prepared and focused to raise the issue of weight.
- Support you to recognise overweight children where others don’t and respond to it.
- Challenge preconceptions of childhood weight and take on responsibility to help.
- Use Brief Advice to raise the profile of healthy lifestyle messages for the prevention of obesity.
- Model best practice when raising the issue of weight with families.
- Why healthy weight matters and what does society say?
- The scale of the problem! Defining childhood weight and statistics.
- So what should I tell people without putting them off?
- When and how to raise the issue of weight.
- Brief Advice & behaviour change techniques.
- Summary of learning, reflections, test and review of your next steps.